Top Blogs

Sabtu, 16 Mei 2009

Lighten UP!

by Sam Glenn
Having a sense of humor is a choice. If we just choose to lighten up a little and look around ourselves and at ourselves, we will discover some healthy humor. The sign of a healthy attitude is when we can laugh at ourselves. Someone once said, “The ability to laugh is God’s gift to us. To act on that ability is our gift to ourselves, and to share that laughter is our gift to others.”

I was a recent guest at a friend’s house and went to go brush my teeth. I forgot my toothpaste and noticed a tube on the counter. I loaded up my toothbrush and began to brush but noticed it did not have a minty fresh taste. I picked up the tube to read what kind of toothpaste these people were using. To my surprise it read Preparation H!

I like a lot of full contact sports, so recently when I was bowling, my fingers got stuck in a 15 lb ball. I didn’t know it till I threw the ball as hard as I could down the lane. “Houston, we have lift off!” I began to travel with my bowling ball down the lane at a very embarrassing speed. That was a big gutter ball.

I recently learned you should label things. I was showering at a friend’s house. They had these dispensers in the shower. I figured, “Oh, shampoo”. When I got out of the shower, my hair began to fall out – little pieces of it. I had just used hair remover. I knew the shampoo was really tingly, but didn’t know it was uprooting my hair. By breakfast, I was looking close to the Gerber Baby!

You should also label food in the refrigerator. I got home late and noticed there was meatloaf in some Tupperware. I got some crackers and began to eat it…ALL. It tasted weird, but I will eat anything when I am hungry enough. The next morning, I heard someone yell, “Who ate Buck’s dog food?

Somehow it latched on as I walked out of the bathroom in the Atlanta airport. You guessed it – toilet paper. I didn’t know I had an 8-foot long banner waving off my backside. Yes, it was that long. I could have sold advertising on there. I walked to my gate, which took 15 minutes to get to and nobody said a word. What do you call a 6’’7 man walking through an airport with eight feet of toilet paper streaming from the back of his pants – ENTERTAINMENT!

I recently flew off a treadmill backwards. It had a button that says stop when you want to stop, so I thought when I hit that button, the machine would simply stop. Nope, it takes a while to slow down. I stopped, the machine didn’t. Sammy flew backwards into a wall.

Ever have static cling? I was recently wearing black corduroy pants that I pulled out of the dryer. Later, a crowd of people in the mall started laughing at me because I had underwear stuck on the back of my pants. I pulled them off, swung them around and said, “I am just saving those for later.”

A healthy attitude is when we can laugh at ourselves and the crazy things we do or that happen to us on a daily basis. It takes some practice, but so worth it. Make humor a healthy habit in your life. The benefits, you will feel good and look good! That’s worth it to me right there.

Sam Glenn is a national speaker and author who empowers people from all walks of life to achieve profitable results through having the right attitude. Visit him at www.samglenn.com

0 comments:

HOT INFO :
Ads By Google